Who are you and what do you do?
I’m Graeme Carroll, keyboard player with Deep Purple in Rock, Heaven Or Hell and an as yet un-named Rainbow tribute. I am also mandolin player with Brother Crow, an acoustic folk duo with a couple of CDs out!
What do you use?
Stage Keyboards (I don’t always use everything ‘cos of space on stage):
- Korg Kronos 2-88
- Access Virus TI-61
- Korg BX3 Organ (Digital)
- USB Midi Controller (connects to the Kronos)
- iPad/iRig Pro and Focusrite iTrack Dock (with Minimoog and Sampletank software)
- Alesis Mixing Desk (I have 8 and 16 Channel Desks)
- EV ELX112p Monitors
I’m slowly cutting the gear down and programming the Kronos, eventually I hope to use just the Kronos and a USB Controller for gigs. The Kronos contains the full Korg CX3/BX3 organ engine (amongst other things), so I will only use the BX3 for bigger gigs in the future as it takes up too much room on stage for the smaller ones.
Other Keyboards/Recording Gear
- Korg M3-61
- Korg CX3 Organ (Digital)
- Roland VK-1 Organ (Analogue)
- Korg SP-250 Stage Piano
- Moog Rogue analogue synth
- Roland JX3P analogue synth
- Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (a real one)
- Yamaha SY85
- Dell Core i7 PC running Propellerhead Reason v8
- Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2 Firewire
Acoustic Gear for Brother Crow
- Rosta Capek handmade A4 Exclusive Mandolin (Serial # 338)
- Fitted with a Mcintyre MF-200 Acoustic Feather
- Using Baggs Para-Acoustic DI with Zoom A2 Effects